Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Something to feed your existential angst

Ok, well this link isn't really so funny, but it's interesting.
Robert Wright interviewing a physicist priest.
I just stumbled across this link and it turns out that Robert Wright is one of my favorite guys. I read his book, The Moral Animal, almost twice. (I have a short memory, so it took me almost a second reading to realize I had already read it.) Anyway, he's writing about evolutionary psychology and I don't care if it's a fad or not. To me it explains a lot of stuff.

Just a little something when you are in the "oh, what's the point really?" mood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That's an interesting clip. I always enjoy listening to scientists talk about God and faith. Quite a difference from the usual religious chattering.

I also really liked The Moral Animal. Particularly how the author used Charles Darwin's life to illustrate some of his points about human behavior. I thought the guy made some good arguments about why were are the way we are. Evolutionary psychology is an interesting topic in general. I getting ready to start on Steven Pinker's book the Blank Slate, which I think explores the idea some more.

January 25, 2006 at 4:02:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home