Tuesday, January 01, 2008

10 years without Carl

I just caught an episode of Sagan's Cosmos on the science channel. I guess they had been re-mastered in 2001? Anyway, it was the one about the courage and intellectual honesty of Johannes Kepler among other things. It was so poetic and thought-provoking that I started to feel like just like when I was in 5th grade seeing it for very first time. It also just so happens that the 10th anniversary of Carl's death has passed on Dec 20th. Stop by this website to pay your respects if you have not already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Have you read his book, A Demon-Haunted World? It's a classic of rational thought and one of my all time favorites.

January 3, 2008 at 5:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jason W. said...

Have I read it?! Have I read it!?
I have it right here! The problem is that you and I don't really "need" to read it. But it's good to top off one's dwindling reserves of skepticism from time to time.

January 3, 2008 at 7:41:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home