Sunday, April 06, 2008

Who Would You Choose?



The pseudo-scifi folks at io9.com ask the eternal question: who would you choose, Colonel Wilma Deering or Princess Ardala? In attempt to relive my adolescence I have been going through the Buck Rogers TV series from the late seventies. Regular readers of this blog might recall my intense admiration for the good Colonel. I am happy to report, even though the TV series itself it dreadful and far worse than I remember, Wilma looks as good as ever. So, there can really be only one answer to the question, despite the fact that the Princess looks pretty good too, especially in her space bikini.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason W. said...

Choose for what? Choose for a few hours, or for a lifetime? That makes all the difference. For me, even my fantasies are based on permanent commitments. I blame catholic school for my lack of imagination in this area. But I'm going to put this aside for the sake of science.

I'm now imagining myself as a single man who is also a space fighter pilot yet is struggling to keep firm abs. You need to stay a little flabby so the other space pilots know you are hetro. Anyway, life for me is one adventure after another, and my thoughts of the future get real fuzzy about 4 to 6 hours out. So I'm going to go with Ardala. Oh yeah! She's a woman of liesure, of the finer things, she has skills. A wise man once said, "I don't want 72 virgins, I want one woman who knows what she's doing - 72 times." Ardala fits this bill.

Of course she will tire of me. She won't return my space calls after a while. She will have moved on, but I'll still be thinking of her. Damn! I should have picked the Captain!

Is it too late to vote for Wonder Woman?

April 8, 2008 at 11:19:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home