Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse!

Tonight we got to see a lunar eclipse! Erika, who is now 3, was very excited! As the moon turned a reddish hue she exclaimed, "the moon looks like Jupiter!!" I asked her how the heck she knew what Jupiter looked like!? She replied, "Cosmos". We got out the DVDs and indeed, she knew what she was talking about. That's when I took this picture. Maybe it's not too early to get a telescope after all. I don't know anything about telescopes, but I'm hoping some of you do. What should I get? And make it fast since this Cosmos phase of hers is due to last only another couple weeks and then we'll be back to Angelina Ballerina.



1 Comments:

Blogger Jason W. said...

I sent this picture and brief note to the cosmos.com website just for fun. Look what I got back:

Dear Lucky Parents and Gorgeous, Brilliant Three Year Old,

I saw the lunar eclipse that night, too. It's redness was breathtaking and, yes, reminiscent of Jupiter. I say get as many books and dvd's for this wonderful new mind and lots of trips outside at night where there isn't too much ambient light. It can be a little frustrating at first looking through a telescope--maybe wait a couple of years. I vividly recall my first telescopic vision of Saturn. It was in Queens and I was eight. The wonder is still with me. May it be so for your exquisite daughter. Thanks so much for sharing this extremely gratifying story. It's cause for further excitement and optimism about the future.

With best wishes,
Ann Druyan
(co-writer COSMOS)

February 22, 2008 at 8:36:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home