Monday, August 21, 2006

Did I forget to worry about this? .. until now.

What's the deal with EMP weapons? I was relaxing at home watching Discovery Channel's SuperWeapons when they described the Electro Mangetic Pulse weapon. I think I should probably dump the volcano thing for this little guy. One weapon to destroy all electronics in the continental US? Holy Scheiss Stucke, Batman!
Then I read this article and I'm convinced we're screwed!

Good thing that the tin-foil-hat-wearing web-publishing-loosers know that this is all a "neo-con" plot. What is wrong with these people? If we lived in the facist country they think we do, they would be in jail by now for treason. Poseidon's beard! I hate these people!

Anyway, let me admit that I am quite aware that I require less rigorous evidence for topics I'm sympathetic to (stupid human 1.0 brain!), but this weapon was demonstrated on Superweapons and seems eminently plausible to me. How long would it take you guys to start making chips again if you had no electronic equipment whatsoever to even begin? I think we'd all starve well before then. Even with computers, I've waited for you guys to produce a chip and we all know it can be ugly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Did you ever consider that the folks over Reynolds Wrap may have started this rumor in an attempt to sell more aluminum foil?

August 22, 2006 at 1:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason W. said...

Maybe "big foil" is behind it all?

August 22, 2006 at 5:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mike said...

First, yes the danger is real. In fact, it's imminent. Second, I have a solution: Faraday cages. Everything must be enclosed in a Faraday cage, the car, the wife, the kid, the pets, everything. Post pictures when your done. Out.

August 23, 2006 at 6:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason W. said...

I beginning to be able to tell when you are making fun of me.

August 23, 2006 at 8:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mike said...

Perhaps I am losing my touch.

August 23, 2006 at 8:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home