Thursday, June 14, 2007

Profiles in Condescention

I had to attend some sort of corporate happy, happy, joy, joy training thing yesterday.
We took personality profile tests.
Here's what the results indicated about your humble YR author:

Becomes bored with routine work; sulks when restrained; acts independently.
Overuses bluntness; critical or condescending attitude.
Would increase effectiveness though: warmth; tactful communication; effective team cooperation; recognition of existing sanctions


I need Warmth?? Tact?? Let me ask you this… would I be any good to you, or our devoted YR reader(s), if I had tact?
These losers think I'm condescending? Whatever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

I was trying not to say anything, but now that someone else brought it up...you're right they are losers.

June 14, 2007 at 6:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason W. said...

I have also dicovered that one of my closest co-workers has exactly the same profile as mine. Now we try to out condescend each other. "Are you being condescending to me!?" "Yes! In fact, I'm condescending to your condescention!" Who knows where this arms race will end.

June 14, 2007 at 8:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mike said...

It is frightening how well they defined your personality. And I always thought those tests were a joke.

What does "recognition of existing sanctions" mean? Are they not trading with you? Would you not recognize a sanction if you sat on one? Anyway, I think it time to deliver a little condescending shock and awe to you coworkers.

June 15, 2007 at 12:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home