Sunday, January 27, 2008

Take THAT, periodic table!


I know practically nothing about chemistry. This bugs me. Sure, I have a degree in physics somehow, and I quite vividly remember my Quantum mechanics professor at the conclusion of PHY485 stating that "we have now explained the entire periodic table with our understanding of quantum mechanics." Strangely, that sentence is on ONLY thing I remember from quantum physics.
Thinking back, I wish I had a good excuse for not remembering anything. Maybe I was drunk a lot? Maybe I had too many girlfriends? Maybe I was too busy on the internet? Well, as you might know, the internet was not yet available to distract me at that time, and the other excuses are even more flimsy. All I can think of is that the periodic table was not this cool back then. Not so French. If it had only been presented as something that looked like a data center tape storage thing, or perhaps a solar panel array, things might have turned out differently. Or perhaps not.

Note: For those on the State of Kansas board of education the periodic table is only a theory and as such can never be 100% proven without a doubt, this is in contrast to earth, water, air, and fire of which the Bible makes us certain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Gotta love the Kansas school board. I with them, I for one think not just Darwinism, but all of science is a sham.

January 27, 2008 at 12:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mike said...

The periodic table is the Dewey decimal system of chemistry. A complete and total scam.

January 31, 2008 at 6:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jason W. said...

Insolence! If you don't understand the periodic table, you could die! It will kill you. Don't mock it lest it grow angry!

Look, if you don't understand the Dewey decimal system what's the worst that could happen? You might be considered a normal human?

That, and it would take you longer to find a book at the library. But that's it.

Watch your back.

February 8, 2008 at 5:52:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home