Sunday, April 12, 2009

Phantom limb used to scratch itch

Phantom limbs

The arm appeared to the woman a few days after suffering a stroke, doctors said.

But this case of what is known as a supernumerary phantom limb (SPL) is a genuine head-scratcher.

The upshot is that the woman can use the apparitional extremity to relieve very real itches on the cheek. It cannot penetrate solid objects
I'm sure tommy would like a couple phantom appendages. Maybe a whole assortment. It would make boring meetings tolerable perhaps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

I would like to have a few phantom limbs, but, I am at a loss as to how I would use them to relieve my boredom in meetings. Perhaps you can elaborate.

April 14, 2009 at 6:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Mike said...

This is pretty cool. If I had a phantom limb I'd fight crime as the mysterious "The Phantom Limb". I expect I would be quite a hit with the ladies as well.

April 15, 2009 at 8:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason W. said...

That's funny. It's times like these when I wish I had my photoshop skills of yesteryear.

Mike is going more in the direction I was leading. Imagine how cool it would be if while your boss is giving you some stupid project, you are standing there with your phantom limb in his coffee mug.

He'd say, "Hey, why are you giggling?" and only the phantom would know.

April 15, 2009 at 9:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home