Sunday, May 14, 2006

Razing the Trojan and other mysterious bumps

We drove to Portand this weekend to visit Grandma and here are some pictures deftly shot from a moving vehicle. First, The Trojan reactor which I think is an amazing weirdo thing sticking up in the forest at the edge of the river next to Interstate 5. And since I was a tadpole, it also meant that there was only an hour left to grandma's house. Now they are going to blow it up next week I guess. I never photographed it in all these years, and I barely have now. Not sure what Erika will use to mark an hour left till grandma's. Some rubble I guess!


Trying to photograph the mountains while driving is not easy, so Jackie is helping out from the back seat. We never got a second chance for good shot at Mt. Hood, Mt. St Helens, some other giant thing I didn't remember, but we did get repeat shots at Mt. Rainier. As for Mt St. Helens, Jackie did mention something in the crater which "looked like it was growing" but the details are sketchy. Aside from that, below is the "back" side of Rainer and indeed it's bumpier than I remember.
There may be something going on and it's not visible from the Seattle side. I'm sure they are hiding it from us so that we don't panic and spill our coffee. Stuck on the floating bridge just 15 minutes from home we snagged this hazy "before" picture. Mike to take the "after" when the gov't gives the all clear, but you knew that already.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home