Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bald Women in SF

Here is an interesting article on bald chicks in science fiction. The author makes some interesting points on how baldness can be used to both masculinize a female hero (think Ripley in Alien 3) and enhance her sexuality and femininity (the bald chick in Star Trek: The Movie). But personally, no matter how bald they get, nobody, and I mean nobody comes close to Colonel Wilma Dearing:


P.S. In the article I link to above, be sure to take a look at the author's photo on the right. Is this guy a ringer or what? It's just creepy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason W. said...

http://llwyd.tripod.com/scifi/babylonc.htm
don't forget the Centauri women from B5.

As for Wilma... she seems so.... flat now. But still, yeah, you're right.

June 14, 2006 at 6:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason W. said...

Ok, I doubt any of us could top that post, but let me say this: I think the Wilma Dearing topic is a hot one. I have been randomly asking men born between '65 and about '75 this simple question: "Col. Wilma Dearing. Hot or not?" The answer is always hot as expected. Not even a moment's hesitation.

Strangely, Jackie did not even know who she was.

Anyway, I have to admit that in the late 70's my heart was with another figure. I've been image googling for her and am preparing a post as we speak. But I don't want to push down the Dearing post too early. We're on sacred gound here. I know that.

June 16, 2006 at 11:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mike said...

Travis,

Please tell me you still have that picture.

June 18, 2006 at 5:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home